Thursday, August 20, 2009

I thank you, Lord, for the rain!

When I was really little, before my Mom left, I remember falling asleep to the sound of "moods" tapes. There was "sailboat voyage", "Thunderstorm Terror", & 2 others (I can't remember their names!) Anyway, the thunderstorm seemed to always make me sleep better. Now, when it's raining, I always get really sleepy!!! It's funny how something so scary to one, can be so soothing to another. Some might say, "I hate the rain!", but not me. I thank God for it! I'm not afraid of it. I know that when a storm comes, He will carry us through (remember the rainbow? God's promise!!). The same is true in life. When a storm comes brewing in, we should already be prepared. We should also seek him, & trust that He has control over that storm. I remember, in our old church, there was a woman who played the piano. She didn't sing very often, but when she did, she sang that song, "Til the Storm Passes Over". It said, "Hold me fast. Let me stand, in the hollow of thy hand. Keep me safe, til the storm passes by." I sing that when I'm afraid. Thank God for those times when we find that we REALLY need him!! (& for the rain!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment