Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank you, Lord, for patience!

I'll be 31 years old next month, and the older I get, the shorter my patience becomes! All summer I've played referee to Madi & Drake. By now, I'm at the end of my rope! I thought that it would all be better when they started back to school, but just as soon as they get off the bus, they're arguing. It's so sad that we can't even have peace in our own home because of all the conflict. Jerome & I have completely stopped taking them out anywhere, unless it's a really special occasion. They fight no matter where we're at. But sometimes, I can look at them, & think of how I would feel without them, & it makes me want to cry. I slow my anger down. I give them a moment to calm down. I give them a 2nd (or 3rd, or 100th, & so on) chance. That's called "patience", and I thank God that I found it when He found me!! It's such a peaceful place to be!! I know God's gonna intervene one way or another. The kids are either gonna stop fighting, or I'm gonna be given the strength to tolerate it. Either way, I must have patience with the kids, and with God. He is an "on-time" God!!

James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptation;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Isn't it amazing how much patience the Lord has with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment